Original Released as LP DECCA PFS 4238
(US, 1971)
It seems that many people like Los Machucambos! So, I've found out another original album, which I'm sharing now with all latin fans (still with Julia Cortès, who would left the group the next year, because of a serious illness. Fortunately, in 2004, the original trio has been reunited again, recorded a new album called "Como Antes" - meaning "Like Before" - and gave a show in Costa Rica, Julia's birth country).
(US, 1971)
It seems that many people like Los Machucambos! So, I've found out another original album, which I'm sharing now with all latin fans (still with Julia Cortès, who would left the group the next year, because of a serious illness. Fortunately, in 2004, the original trio has been reunited again, recorded a new album called "Como Antes" - meaning "Like Before" - and gave a show in Costa Rica, Julia's birth country).


6 comentários:
WOW! Thanks again for this delightful music Rato. Julia Cortez has such a beautiful voice. Do you know by any chance where I could purchase a copy of the last record you said they recorded in 2004? I looked online in places like Amazon but they only have discs from the follow-up quartet, which does not include Julia Cortez.
Robert,
Los Angeles, CA
Magnifico disco. Muchas gracias. Saludos.
Unfortunately, the discography of Los Machucambos' golden period (1958-1972)is very hard to find on cd. The same happens with the last reunion album. Sincerely, there are things which I cannot understand...
HI Rato,
this los machucambos is a real gift from you. I forgot all about his group until today when i stumbled upon it in your blog. Many thanks senor and i hope you will surprise us with more of these posts.
By the way, there was a group called "LOS TROPICANOS " in brazil in the 70's
that made some good instrumental recordings LP's too. Do you happen to have the cd's?? I still have some of their LP's here, but not in good condition.
OK , thanks
robjie
this link is dead also as the other machucambos link...so i would ask the same can you please share it again..many thanks
please link dowland
Enviar um comentário