terça-feira, 14 de agosto de 2018

THE "LOST" ALBUM OF CLAUDINE LONGET

Original released on LP Lilith Records, LR155 
(EU 2009, June 15)


I'm very happy to share this album again, 'cause it's something very special. "Sugar Me" is the last Claudine's album, previously released in Japan only in CD format (in 1993). That edition is very rare to find and also very expensive. But "Sugar Me" was pressed, at last, on vinyl Lilith Records, in 2009, June 15, finally licensed by Barnaby Records. This "Sugar Me" album has a long story. It should be a third album for Andy Williams' label Barnaby Records and was planned for release in 1974; however was shelved, because Claudine's popularity as a singer came to an end. Two of her Barnaby albums released in the beginning of 70s were a perfect examples of easy listening pop music, which have no good sales in the age of rock music. A small independent label Century Records reissued two of her Barnaby albums in 1993, and few other tracks were discovered. The original master tapes with the album were lost, unfortunately, but missing tracks were replaced with some single tracks that previously didn't appear on any album and unfinished studio takes that were discovered in Barnaby archives. Tracklist is the same to first CD version, however the vinyl release has 2 bonus tracks from her 1971 single "Canta En Espanol", placed in the end of each side. These two tracks were newly mastered and sounds significantly better (and even a bit longer) than on previous release. Please note that all the tracks presented here (which were recorded by Claudine between 1970 and 1974) were directly ripped from the LR vinyl and "cleaned" by Rato Records. So, believe me, it's a pleasure to offer you this precious gift. You must download it fast, 'cause I'm sure you will not find it in any place else.


SIDE A
Anytime Of The Year
Guess Who I Saw In Paris
You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry
With Wings
All Alone Am I
Who Broke Your Heart And Made You Write That Song
Como La Luna

SIDE B
Goodbye Jimmy Goodbye
Every Beat Of My Heart
Sugar Me
You Set My Dreams To Music
I Cannot Love You
If You Walked Away
Mucho Tiempo Mas

9 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

I've already listen several times to this album. And what can I say? It's all so beautiful, it's all so wonderful! I have not enough words to thank you for this gem. God bless you, Rato!

Bimbo disse...

THANK YOU!
Mike

Anónimo disse...

Uma jóia rara
Obrigao, Rato!

Fernando Alves

Anónimo disse...

Finally I was able to download this gem.
Who, but Rato, could give me such a pleasure?

Thank you, very, very much!

Jim McKay

musiclover disse...

Thank you very much Rato!

DonHo57 disse...

An incredible find. Thank you so much!!! here I thought my Claudine library was complete. Bravo, Rato!

mrxrt disse...

Rato, obrigado pela boa música!!!

Mike disse...

Thanks again!
Cheers,
Mike

Diogo Dias disse...

Tks amigo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...