sábado, 12 de setembro de 2020

LOBO: "Of A Simple Man"

Original released on LP Big Tree 2013
(US, September 1972)

Whoever Lobo was didn't matter. Lobo was a gentle troubador who walked on this earth and record classic mellow tracks like his bloodbrothers in Bread. During a time of heavy rock of Mountain and Black Sabbath, Lobo walked into the room and old ladies would drop their canes and sob openly. Usually singing of women he lost or would soon leave him, Lobo sang with sadness and tranquility. Acoustic guitar strumming behind him and poorly recorded orchestration running wild in the background. "I'd Love You to Want Me" was a play on Bread's "Baby I'm a Want You" maybe even an answer song. But I don't think Lobo had a man-crush on David Gates. This album is a all-around classic of the 70's. Kill for it! (in RateYourMusic)

Sem comentários:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...