quinta-feira, 14 de maio de 2020

BETH HART Debut Album

Original released on CD Lava 92654-2
(US, 1996)

Every now and then we have the oportunity to hear some new artist whom may leave a trace in modern music. When you must evaluate artists debue one has to have in mind how hard is to come out with something new. Beth Hart's was good enough to attract public attention and she got the chance for recording subsequent titles. For me beginner should listen to it more carefully after hearing some of the later (better articulated) albums. In general, she's good singer, selfassured an she deliver her songs with faith in what she's singing. That makes a good artist. I have to confess I'd not heard of Beth Hart until her collaboration single with Joe Bonamassa. Loved her vocals on that track and so naturally I've gone back to listen to some of her back catalogue. I've listened to two of her albums so far and I like her a lot.  She sings with a lot of energy and as it's been stated by others before, that she has a certain Janis Joplin quality to her voice when she really let's loose. On the slower, more bluesy numbers she can also sound very soulful indeed, reminding me then very much of Tracy Chapman. I think one person on here rather unkindly likened her voice to that of a goat... bit unfair as her range is much more varied than that. Anyway, to that person I would say that Stevie Nicks has made an entire career out of imitating a goat - and it ain't hurt her none! (in RateYourMusic)

1 comentário:

Dolmance disse...

Stevie Nicks has always reminded me of someone, whose name I could not quite bring to consciousness, and now it's been revealed.

A goat. Without question. A goat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...