quarta-feira, 6 de dezembro de 2017

LINDA RONSTADT: "Simple Dreams" (+ bonus)


 Original released on LP Asylum 6E-104
(US 1977, August 23)

Featuring a broader array of styles than any previous Linda Ronstadt record, "Simple Dreams" reconfirms her substantial talents as an interpretive singer. Ronstadt sings Dolly Parton ("I Never Will Marry") with the same conviction as the Rolling Stones ("Tumbling Dice"), and she manages to update Roy Orbison ("Blue Bayou") and direct attention to the caustic, fledgling singer/songwriter Warren Zevon ("Poor Poor Pitiful Me" and "Carmelita"). The consistently adventurous material and Ronstadt's powerful performance makes the record rival "Heart Like a Wheel" in sheer overall quality. (Stephen Erlewine in AllMusic)

1 comentário:

Dolmance disse...

I don't know how such a thing came to pass, but when Linda Ronstadt was just starting out, she used to come to my school at lunch time and perform with her band The Stone Ponies, and between songs she would educate us about music and how best to appreciate it. I never forgot her. They were great.

Thank you for this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...